Triple Berry Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free)
Author: Margot Rutigliano
Easy breakfast options are my go-to on work days. Mornings are rushed often times in my household and I typically eat on the way out the door or in the car. I know this isn’t ideal but it’s life and it’s the truth. I need something I can grab and go and run out the door on the way to work. If you’re like me or in a household where you have multiple tasks to manage in the mornings (kids, bus to meet, work, etc) then you know how it is when you just want to grab a healthy bite to go.
These breakfast cookies are delicious, not too sweet and super easy to whip up. Plus, they have superfood goji berries to give these cookies an antioxidant boost! Not only do these berries pack a nutritional punch but their earthy flavor and chewy texture make these cookies a bit heartier. Once you’ve baked and are ready to package up, you can store them in the fridge (airtight container or zip lock) for up to about 5 days. Add your favorite protein powder to the batter for a boost or pair with your favorite protein drink (or a few boiled eggs) if you want/need added protein.
Triple Berry Breakfast Cookie Recipe
These cookies are a healthy breakfast option and have no refined sugars and no unhealthy additives. They are simply sweetened with honey but you could substitute with maple syrup or your favorite sweetener to mix it up a bit. In addition, if you prefer not to use the gluten free flour included in the recipe, your favorite flour will also do.
I used almond milk in this recipe as a dairy free option but substituting regular milk would be perfectly fine as well. Add nuts or switch up the berries to change the flavor as well! Enjoy!
Triple Berry Breakfast Cookie Ingredients
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (more if you like a bolder cinnamon flavor)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Salt (I use Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted preferred)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey (any honey or maple syrup will do)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 C Blueberries
- 1/4 C Raspberries
- 1/4 C Goji Berries
- *Optional – Add 1 – 2 scoops protein powder for a booster. May need to add additional almond milk or coconut oil so the batter doesn’t become too dry.
Triple Berry Breakfast Cookie Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl. Put aside.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fully incorporate.
- Mix berries in gently.
- Drop approximately 2 Tbsp of dough on cookie sheet to form cookies. You should get about 16 cookies from mixture. Use smaller or larger amounts to get the desired amount of cookies that you’d like.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (ovens may vary) or until the cookies become slightly browned on top.