Healthy meals made from scratch often take time and a toll on your cookware if you’re not using non-stick. I’ve got stainless steel pots and pans that I constantly have to work to keep looking nice. Personally, I gave up non-stick about a year ago to omit any toxins that might cook into our food. I’m trying to cook the healthiest food possible so why use cookware that could possibly defeat the purpose? In came ceramic cookware to my life. It was a recommendation from a friend and I was totally skeptical at first about buying any.
I’m currently in love with ceramic cookware. Honestly, I wish I’d found it months and months ago when I ordered all new stainless steel cookware. I’m always on the lookout for cleaner options – the kind of pieces that don’t leach chemicals into your food when you cook and I’ve finally found the answer! It’s not only easy to cook with, the clean up is an absolute breeze. You barely have to use a sponge to wipe out the pan. In addition, not as much fat is required for cooking. That being said, I haven’t cut back on the fat in my recipes because they call for a certain amount but you could use way less and still not have a sticky pan when you’re finished. It’s that good!
So, why ceramic? Ceramic cookware has a few benefits that other cookware doesn’t:
- Does not contain: lead, cadmium, aluminum, copper, chromium, iron or any other heavy metals.
- Not made using PFOA
- Very easy to maintain with a natural non-stick surface
- Least reactive cookware available
- Dishwasher safe
- Can withstand high heat
I started with a GreenLife ceramic frypan and have ventured out to other brands since then. There are options from $30 – $300 depending on the size, shape and the quality of the brand. Here are a few of my favorite pieces:
Benefits of GreenLife Ceramic Cookware:
- Thermolon healthy ceramic non-stick coating, manufactured without PFOA
- Stay-cool bakelite handle with soft touch
- Oven safe up to 180 Degree C/350 Degree F
- Dishwasher safe
Get It: GreenLife
- A high-quality ceramic nonstick interior allows for healthier cooking by lessening the need for fats and oils
- The ceramic coating is PTFE-free, PFOA-free and Cadmium-free
- The set allows for a wide variety of cooking methods with consistent cooking results every time due to its heavy-gauge aluminum construction.
- T-Fal Celebrate Ceramic cookware is able to reach 570 degree Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Buy Here: T-fal Ceramic Cooker
While Lodge cookware is not officially ceramic, it has a enameled porcelain surface that is equally as easy to cook and clean as ceramic.
- Enamel Cast Iron made in China to Lodge specifications. All other Lodge Cast Iron Cookware made in USA
- Porcelain surface eliminates the need to season
- Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture
- Superior heat distribution and retention
- Two layers of porcelain enamel are chip resistant
- Easy clean up
Buy Here: Lodge Casserole Dish
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron 1 1/2 Qt Braiser – Approx $149
Le Creuset offers an incredible line of cast iron, enameled cookware and bakeware pieces. One of the best quality brands on the market, Le Crueset is heavy, durable and versatile.
- 45% larger handles that provide a sure grip, even with oven mitts
- The superior heat distribution and retention of Le Creuset enameled cast iron
- An advanced sand-colored interior enamel with even more resistance to wear
- A larger composite knob that withstands temperatures up to 500F
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
Get It Here: Le Creuset
- Ceramic nonstick for easy food release, and quick cleanup
- Durable hard-anodized aluminum construction
- Tempered glass lid
- Oven safe up to 450F
- Full 10 year warranty
Combining design aspects of several popular pans, the Calphalon Classic Ceramic Nonstick 12-inch All Purpose Pan with Cover lets you easily fry, brown, and sauté foods, as well as toss and flip stir-fry ingredients, thanks to its sloped sides. This versatile pan features two loop handles instead of a traditional long handle, so the pan fits easily into the oven to bake casseroles or stews, then can be placed on the table for serving. Get It Here: Calphalon 12″ Pan